As fall winds down into the holiday season, followed by the long, cold days of winter, many spa owners may decide to put their watery oasis to bed. Understandably, you may not plan on taking a soak when the thermometer outside drops. That’s perfectly okay, but before you close things up, remember that it’s imperative to your hot tub’s longevity that you do it the right way.
Enjoy a great new season next year when you conduct the proper fall maintenance now, including replacing worn spa covers. Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers has just what you need. For over 35 years, we have manufactured the longest lasting covers on the market. Give us a try, and you will be glad you did.
Fall Maintenance When Shutting Down for the Winter
Not everyone chooses to use their hot tub once the winter hits. If this is the case then winterizing comes to mind, and we have some tips to help you button things up for a long winter’s nap:
- Completely Drain and Refill the Basin – Even if you choose to shut down your hot tub for the winter, you should still leave water in it. An empty tub invites the shrinking of inner plumbing lines, which may result in leaks next season. Instead, take a weekend to drain, scrub down, and refill your basin completely. Be sure to follow your Owner’s Manual for specifically recommended cleansers.
- Swap Out Old, Dirty Filters for New Ones – Now is the best time to get those filters cleaned out. Not only will your fresh water stay clean, but it will also save your pump. If it has been longer than six months since you last replaced your filter, go ahead and do it now.
- Test Your Water – Not using your hot tub is no reason not to test your water levels weekly. This will aid you in noticing if the water levels drop. Additionally, if you decide to take a quick soak, the spa chemical levels will be ready for you.
- Clean the Outside Shell – It is easy to overlook, but the outside of your spa also needs some TLC. Be sure to clean and treat it using the proper method. For example, for wood cabinets, you will want to re-treat with linseed oil/staining treatment. Composite cabinets can be cleaned and protected as you would spa covers.
- Replace Broken Accessories – There is no better time to replace those worn-out steps than now. You may want to fix your lights or fountains to maintain the relaxing experience you aim for.
- Clean or Replace and Protect Your Spa Cover – Periodic maintenance will keep your cover looking great. Do you notice rips? Now is the perfect time to replace a worn vinyl cover with an aluminum one from Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers. Our covers are strong enough to hold up to pets, kids, and snow!
Top Off Fall Maintenance with New Spa Covers
Keep your hot tub well-maintained to ensure many years of enjoyment. Besides the cleaning and water up-keep, you will want to protect everything with an aluminum spa cover from Be-Lite. We help you find the perfect fit with our template designer, which guides you through the correct steps. Give us a call with any questions. We’re here to help!
Contact our team today for custom-made spa covers online or call us at 707-864-8919.