Regular maintenance of your equipment ensures you can get many years of use. You keep up on oil changes and tune-ups for your vehicle. Each season you take care of cleaning gutters and prepping HVAC units for the weather changes. Your spa is no different. For the best water quality and years of soaking enjoyment, you know you need to check the water’s pH level, clean the basin, and check for any leaks. Another area to keep clean and maintained is the hot tub cover that keeps all the debris out.
5 Steps to Effectively Clean Your Spa Cover
Regular basin and water maintenance give you many opportunities to de-stress from a long day. Hot tub covers protect your investment so that you can enjoy relaxing soak. Use these five steps to clean your hot tub cover:
- Remove It: You don’t want cleaning agents or dirt falling into your pristine hot tub water, so start by removing the cover completely. Look for a patch of grass to lay it on, and avoid laying it on cement or patio stones.
- Rinse the Inside First: Use your garden hose to spritz water on the underside of the cover. This area is in closer contact with chemicals used to balance the pH levels. A gentle rinse will remove chemical residue. Wipe down, and let air dry. Flip over.
- Wash the Outside: Hose down the outside first, and then use a gentle cleanser as recommended by your manufacturer. Focus on small sections with a soft cloth or bristled brush and use circular motions. It’s not recommended to use bleach, alcohol, or household detergents. They can wipe away the UV protectants.
- Rinse the Outside: Once everything is scrubbed on the outside cover, rinse well with fresh water and wipe down with a soft, absorbent rag. You may use a microfiber cloth or towel. Let it air dry.
- Replace the Cover: Now that everything is squeaky clean, put your cover back on your hot tub, and let it resume its task of protecting your spa.
Bonus Tip: Keeping your water clean cuts down on the chemical residue that comes into contact with your cover.
Other items to aid you in hot tub cover maintenance include:
- Inspecting it each time you adjust chemicals in the water
- Leave the cover off for 20 to 30 minutes after you shock the water
- Let it air out by removing it once or twice a week
Protect Your Spa with an Aluminum Hot Tub Cover
Relaxing evenings soaking in your spa are best enjoyed when you maintain your basin, cabinet, and cover. Make cleaning more manageable by investing in an aluminum hot tub cover from Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers. Our product is sturdy enough to handle snow, kids, and pets while keeping water in and debris out. To enjoy a custom-fit cover, feel free to use our template designer. It guides you through the correct steps to ensure a tailored fit. We will also work with you to ensure you get the color you desire to match your outdoor décor.
Contact our team today for beautiful and sturdy aluminum hot tub covers online, or call us at 707-864-8919.