Hot tubs are an incredible luxury that offer many opportunities to relax and bond with family. As an investment, it is vital to do everything to keep it working for many years to come. That’s why you will spend a Saturday morning cleaning the outside cabinet or the water filters and checking the pH levels. One area that gets overlooked is the cover. This is a crucial piece of your haven that deserves to be treated well. It keeps water and heat in, while keeping debris out. Give Jacuzzi hot tub covers a little extra attention, and they will last for years, especially when you purchase an aluminum one.
How to Know if Your Jacuzzi Hot Tub Cover Needs to Go
Not all spa covers are designed to last for years. You will notice evidence of wear and tear after time passes and the sun has beaten down on it. It’s a good habit to inspect your cover once a month and look for these warning signs that it is time to get a new one:
- Cracks, Tears, Breaks, Fading, or Sagging:The UV rays from the sun and harsh winter weather can wreak havoc. You may notice some cracks or find that the cover sags in the middle. Dry or brittle textures and holes are other indications it is time to replace the cover. These deteriorated conditions lead to loss of heat and evaporation of water. Additionally, dust and debris will easily sneak in.
- Waterlog:Vinyl covers have a vapor barrier. When it breaks down, the inner foam absorbs water and creates a place for bacteria and mildew growth. The absorbed water can accelerate the breakdown of other parts of your hot tub.
Suggestions to Extend the Life of Your Spa Cover
Your watery oasis is an investment in our well-being. You can take steps to lengthen the life of your Jacuzzi hot tub covers, such as:
- Conduct Regular Cleanings:Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on cleaning solvents. Generally, you can use a very mild soap solution and a large sponge to scrub things down on the outside. A brief hosing down with water and wiping down with a dry towel works well for the inside.
- Leave the Cover Off after Treating the Water:The chemicals used to balance your water need some air to mix properly. Leave the cover off for about half an hour after adding these agents.
- Maintenance: the aluminum covers will require some maintenance. Make sure to replace the hinge as needed and to replace/fix the bulb seal and reseal the edges.
Find the Perfect Fit with a Customized Aluminum Hot Tub Cover
When the time comes to replace your Jacuzzi cover, look to Be-Lite Aluminum Covers. They are built strong enough to handle weather, kids, and pets, yet, keep your water and heat in. We offer a wide range of colors to ensure you get the look you want. Our template designer aids you in obtaining the perfect fit as it guides you through the correct steps. We love talking about our hot tub covers, so don’t hesitate to call us with your questions!
Contact our team today for beautiful and sturdy aluminum Jacuzzi hot tub covers online, or call us at 707-864-8919.