I Can’t Swim! Can I Still Exercise in a Spa?
Having a hot tub in your backyard offers many benefits. For example, you can relax each evening, letting the hot water whisk the day’s cares away. Your home may become the favored spot for parties with family and friends joining in for aquatic fun. While you reap the benefits of having this relaxing haven, is it possible that you are missing out on some additional opportunities for your spa?
Water exercises are optimal for alleviating stress on joints, but if you don’t have access to a pool or cannot swim, can you still exercise in water? The answer is a resounding, “Absolutely!” Take advantage of your oasis and put it to the test by exercising in it. When you are done with your routine, be sure to protect it with an aluminum Jacuzzi cover for next time.
How to Exercise in Your Hot Tub
The water depth in your hot tub is ideal for standing during specific exercises, and the seats make it easier to complete routines with seated exercises. The water gives your body the resistance it needs without straining your joints and muscles. As with any exercise routine, be sure to talk with your doctor before beginning these exercises in your spa:
- Jogging or Walking in Place: You can also move from one side to the other of the basin at either a walking or jogging pace.
- Ball Pushes: Try this arm resistance exercise. Hold a beach ball straight out in front of you. Then push it down through the water to your legs. The goal is to keep your arms as straight as possible.
- Seated Cycling: Take advantage of the jet seats by putting your legs out in front of you and moving like you are pedaling a bicycle.
- Flutter Kicks: If you had any swim lessons as a kid, you would remember this one. Face the side of your hot tub. Grab hold of the wall and let your legs and body float. Start kicking your legs like you are swimming.
- Jumping Jacks: Complete these just as you would if you were on dry ground. Begin with feet together and arms to your sides. Jump up and lift your arms above your head while your legs move out. Return to the starting position with another jump.
Protect Your New Favorite Workout Space with a Be-Lite Aluminum Cover
Embracing a healthy lifestyle gets easier when you put your spa to work for you. Save your joints and muscles while reaping the many benefits of water exercises. When you wrap up your routine, be sure to wrap up your basin with a custom-built hot tub cover from Be-Lite Aluminum Spas. We build strong covers to keep pets, kids, and debris out while keeping water in. We even offer a template designer to guide you through the correct steps to get the right fit for your new Jacuzzi cover.
Contact our team today for custom-made replacement hot tub covers online, or call us at 707-864-8919.