People aren’t the only ones who enjoy a warm home during the cold winter months. Mice and insects seek out places away from the freezing air. They will look for the warmest area they can find, which might be your hot tub cabinet. After all, the water, pump, and insulation within, offer excellent opportunities for heat and nesting. Mice, in particular, love to nibble and will make your wiring its primary focus. Preventative steps, including aluminum spa covers, work wonders to keep rodents and pests out of your hot tub.
Steps to Deter Insects and Other Pests from Encroaching Upon Your Hot Tub
Spas are places of refuge for their owners. Many use the swirling hot water to decompress after a hard day. Family memories are made through parties. Protecting your investment gives you many years of enjoyment. The last thing you want to discover is that your tub is infested with rodents and bugs. Here are ways you can keep insects and other pests out of your wonderful spa:
- Conduct a Regular Inspection: The art an invasion by inspecting your tub, spa cover, and cabinet regularly. Look for evidence of gnawing on the foam, cracks in the wood, and droppings. It is also good to be on the lookout for water leaks. Moisture attracts specific bugs. When you find holes, cracks, or leaks, get them fixed without any delay.
- Watch the Water Quality: For full enjoyment of your spa, you should keep an eye on the pH balance. Another reason to keep the water balanced is to prevent odors that will attract pests. Test your water consistently to keep it crystal clear and pest-free.
- Replace Vinyl with Aluminum Spa Covers: Vinyl rips and tears, while an aluminum cover will stand up to animals, kids, and snow. A new cover will also cover your basin tightly, preventing pests from entering and keeping your water cleaner. They also last longer, which means you get more for your money.
- Keep Leftover Food Cleaned Up: Nothing is more attractive to mice and raccoons than an array of food. Ants will even join in to partake of the yummy vittles leftover from your party. Don’t give them the excuse to relocate to your hot tub. Keep the area cleaned of crumbs, food, and trash.
- Send Any Pest or Rodents Packing!:If you find a nest in or around your spa, get rid of its occupants as soon as possible. A pest control company will rid you of your problem, so you can get back to enjoying your haven once again.
- Enjoy Your Spa Regularly: You installed your hot tub to enjoy, so make good use of it. Some animals will simply stay away if you are out there regularly.
Keep Pests Away with a Sturdy, Custom Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Cover
Don’t let Mother Nature’s creatures make their home in your spa. Ensure you keep full domain when you take needed steps to thwart invaders, including purchasing a new cover from Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers. Keep rodents out and water in by using our template designer to get the perfect fit. The template designer guides you through the correct steps to ensure a customized fit. We even work with you to ensure you get the color choice you want. There is no need to second-guess yourself. Call us today!
Contact our team today for sturdy aluminum spa covers online, or call us at 707-864-8919.