Does using a hot tub during the fall and winter makes sense? Of course it does! In fact, many hot tub owners would say that their watery oasis plays a role in looking forward to fall or winter’s arrival.
Why drain your hot tub and set it aside when you can enjoy it even in the cool, crisp air? Many would swear that fall and even winter are some of the best times of the year to enjoy the hot tub. As temperatures fall, the warm and bubbly waters provide a haven for relaxing at the end of a long, tiring day. There are even benefits to using your hot tub in the cold months. The cool autumn and winter air perfectly contrasts the warm water without leaving you frigid.
But as you are looking forward to soaking sessions for the cold months longer, don’t forget to conduct regular inspections and maintenance in your hot tub. In fact, running your hot tub during the cold months is encouraged, especially during the winter, to keep its components from freezing. After every use, close your hot tub with quality spa covers so you can enjoy it all winter.
Benefits of using your hot tub during the fall and winter
Homeowners love to relax in their hot tubs – it’s what they’re made for. If you own one, you spend time taking care of it by keeping things clean, changing filters, checking the water’s pH level, and adjusting it as much as needed.
Not all hot tub owners realize the benefits of using it, and in doing so, they often close their hot tubs when the temperature shifts from summer to fall. But you can actually enjoy using your hot tub all year round, including the fall and winter months. Here are the benefits of using your spa during the colder weather:
- Relax the muscles – In addition to relaxation and enjoyment, hot tubs provide you with the benefit of hydrotherapy. Soaking in a hot tub on a cold day can relax stiff muscles and ease joint pain. So whatever you’re doing right now – trying to lose weight, enjoying sports as a hobby, or having a physical job – a hot tub will provide an excellent place for relaxation and recovery, especially in the cold months.
- Boost your immune system – Fall and winter bring on seasonal ailments such as colds and flu. Soaking in the warm, bubbly waters can increase your white blood cell production. At the same time, it improves your blood circulation, with blood cells being carried throughout your body to attack pathogens.
- Reduce stress – The cold months often mean additional stress. From constantly clearing snow and ice from vehicles and driveways to holiday shopping, cooking, and parties, these activities can take a toll on your physical and mental health. Spending regular time in your hot tub allows you to experience warm water jets’ relaxing and healing properties to soothe sore muscles and joints, reduce stress, and improve sleep patterns, keeping you refreshed and invigorated.
Quick tips for using your hot tub during the fall and winter
With all the benefits of using your hot tub during the fall and winter months, you can enjoy an extended soak by keeping your watery oasis in excellent shape. Here are some quick tips to help you enjoy your spa:
- Keep the water clean – Who wants to soak in a hot tub that’s dirty and contaminated? It would be best to clean and maintain the water and filters per your regular schedule, even during the cold months. If you notice that you have to clean the filters more often than you should, it is a sign that the filters may be damaged and need to be replaced.
- Check the water level – Keeping an eye on your hot tub’s water level helps ensure that it doesn’t drop too low, potentially causing its components to freeze.
- Change the water before the cold sets in – Changing the water before everything gets cold is recommended to keep the potential for freezing components down to a minimum.
- Turn down or turn off your jets – Jets blow air into the water to work, causing the water temperatures to drop. So, turn the jets down a bit while you’re using your hot tub and turn them off after using it.
- Invest in a sturdy cover – Spa covers may be more expensive than regular vinyl ones. However, they have excellent insulation and a snug fit that will help keep your hot tub warm and clean.
Protect your cool season fun spot with an aluminum hot tub cover
If you own a hot tub, it is important that you learn how to take care of it so you can enjoy the benefits of using it all year round, including the colder months. Taking care of your hot tub also includes covering it with an aluminum spa cover when not in use.
Be-Lite Aluminum spa covers are strong and durable. They can keep your water clean and maintain its temperature while standing up against debris, weather, pets, and children. You can customize your cover by using our template designer, which guides you through the correct steps for the perfect fit. If you plan to buy a new spa cover, don’t hesitate to call us with any questions at 707-864-8919 or contact our team online.