Enjoying the warm waters after a long day is the perfect way to relax and end your day. Nothing takes the stress away better than a soak in your hot tub.
As with anything, common sense goes a long way to ensure everyone stays safe, and you are using your hot tub safely.
Some questions that come up in regards to using your hot tub…..Should a pregnant woman use a spa? If you have a rash, should you avoid the water? Be-Lite Spa Covers want you to get the most enjoyment from your watery oasis while staying safe. Below is some helpful information.
5 Questions Often Asked about Hot Tubs
Here are five common questions people ask about using hot tubs:
- Safe for pregnant women? Soaking in a hot tub is generally not recommended for expectant mothers. Because of the temperature of the water, if you sit in your tub for 10-20 minutes, your core body temperature will increase and that can be detrimental.
- Safe for kids? Depending on their age, children can enjoy the warm waters. Infants and toddlers should never be allowed in. Younger children should be able to stand on the bottom while their head remains entirely out of the water. Their time should also be limited to five minutes and avoid complete body immersion. Never leave your kids alone in a hot tub.
- Safe for Seniors? Always check in with your doctor to make sure soaking in a tub is okay. For some with health issues such as diabetes, heart conditions, or blood pressure problems, it may be a better idea to stay out of the water. Always use a safety rail when getting in and out of the tub.
- Is it okay to use if you have a rash or wound? Warm water is a suitable environment for bacteria to grow and spread, especially if a hot tub is not properly maintained. If you have a rash, open sore, or other types of skin infection, you should probably stay out until things clear up, and you consult your doctor.
- Will it help my cold? It is possible that soaking in your spa will relieve some of the symptoms of a cold. It can increase your body temperature to boost your immune system to fight the cold virus. You can also sleep better after a soak.
Safeguard Your Hot Tub Year-Round with a Hot Tub Cover
Keep the family safe while enjoying your spa by asking questions and knowing when it is smart to stay out of the water. Keep in mind that the right hot tub cover helps protect your investment through all seasons, including winter. Our hot tub covers are manufactured to handle kids, dogs, and even winter snow loads.
Talk with the team at Be-Lite Spa Covers about our full range of colorful options to fit most tastes. Our specialists will work with you to find the perfect size and can walk you through the correct steps for a custom fit. We even have a template designer for added convenience. Give us a call with any questions you have. We love to share our knowledge so that you get the most from your hot water haven.
Contact our team today for your unique, custom made hot tub covers online or call us at 707-864-8919.