Spa lovers are a ‘loyal’ breed—they love their relaxation time! What happens when the winter weather appears? Many decide to close up their hot tubs. However, for some, there is nothing like a quick soak in the middle of winter. If you are one of the die-hard soakers, then you won’t let frigid temperatures or even a little snow get in the way of enjoying some steam.
Ensure your haven is available all season long when you invest in hot tub winter covers from Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers. Our product can withstand heavy snow, kids, and pets without breaking. You will also enjoy reduced evaporation all year long, not only in the chilly times of the year.
6 Steps to Enjoy Your Spa Even in the Cold
Don’t let Old Man Winter keep you from soaking in your hot tub after a long, stressful day. Follow these simple steps and enjoy your spa no matter the time of year:
- Invest in an Aluminum Cover – Keep debris, snow, and ice out of your warm water oasis with an aluminum hot tub cover. You will reap the rewards of sustained water levels and heat. The tight seal will keep the weather out while protecting your kids and pets if they should climb on top.
- Watch the Water Level – Cold, dry air encourages water to evaporate quickly. When the water level falls too low, like below your skimmer level, it won’t circulate, and you run the risk of your pipes freezing. It’s a good idea to check levels every few days.
- Keep Your Basin Pristine – With cooler weather, you have less opportunity to drain your water. To reduce the chance of doing a complete drain, request that all bathers take a quick rinse to remove lotions and soap residues before stepping into your hot tub.
- Maintain Proper Water Temperature –You do not want your water temperature to be above 104 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s easy to mistakenly raise the heat up to an unsafe level. Try to avoid doing that; instead, aim for 100 degrees.
- Limit Soaking Time –The warm heat may confuse your sense of internal temperature. To mitigate that, you will want to limit your soak time to 15 minutes and consider wearing a knit hat to help you maintain your body temperature.
- Have a Strategic Exit Plan –The cooler temperatures outside can give your body quite the shock when you get out of the tub. Have a dry towel and robe handy to wrap up quickly. It is also a good idea to have some bath slippers around and take care not to slip on any ice that may build up around the basin.
Soak in Warm comfort with Be-Lite Hot Tub Winter Covers
Enjoy your favorite pastime no matter the season when you keep your spa open and use a Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Cover. We know that you take great care of your hot tub, so we make sure our covers are top quality. You can even get the perfect fit when you use our template designer, which guides you through the correct steps. Give us a call with any questions. We love to help!
Contact our team today for custom-made hot tub winter covers online or call us at 707-864-8919.