Tips to Making Your First Hot Tub Last for Years to Come
There are few things in life as exciting as adding a hot tub to your backyard. When you chose a spa, you knew you would have many evenings of relaxation in front of you. Just like a brand-new car needs continual upkeep, your lawn and garden need care, your home needs maintenance, so will your hot tub. Sometimes new owners may forget this.
6 Suggestions to Get More Mileage from Your Hot Tub
Buying a spa is a wonderful way to build relationships and relax at the end of the day. To get the best return on your backyard investment, follow these simple tips:
- Purchase a Quality Cover. Consider a custom spa cover from Be-Lite Aluminum Spa Covers for added protection and longevity. Our product brings you added peace of mind because your pet can’t destroy it, your kids can’t fall through it, and snow won’t hurt it. A cover will not only keep your hot tub safe, it will eliminate evaporation of heat, water, and chemicals.
- Get to know your hot tub. Learn some essential terms and have vital statistics handy. You will need this information when discussing any issues or ordering replacement hot tub covers from a pro. These items include the maximum water capacity, age, and water challenges you may face.
- Start with circulating the water. The purpose of a hot tub is to sit in jets of warm water and let it cascade over tired bones and muscles. Cloudy water diminishes that enjoyment. To ensure you have clear water when you are ready to take a dip, you will want to circulate the water regularly. A circulation schedule pushes water through the filters for approximately 15 to 20 minutes a couple of times a day. It helps keep contaminants low.
- Add in weekly cleaning. Take time each week to scrub the basin to remove any scum build-up. Clean out debris, leaves, and trash that gets blown in. Wipe down the shell and jets and the cover. Check to see if it is time to exchange your vinyl cover with an aluminum replacement cover for added protection.
- Give the filters extra attention. The filters work hard to keep dirt out of your spa. Ideally, you will want to rinse them as often as possible. When you do your weekly clean up, use a cleaner to give it a deeper clean, and soak them in chemical cleaner each time you drain your tub. Replace them as they wear out.
- Check the pH levels weekly. The ideal pH level is between 7.4 and 7.6. If it is too acidic because it falls below 7.4, then you risk hardware corrosion and irritated skin. If it is above 7.6, then the sanitizer may be ineffective, and you have cloudy water.
Professional Services Gurenteed By Our Experts
Our sewage cleanup NYC experts follow the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification’s professional standards (IICRC). We can dispatch them right once to detect and fix any sewage leak, as well as remediate any polluted soil or building materials.
Enjoy Years of Soaking with Added Protection from Be-Lite Spa Covers
Choose a custom-designed spa cover from Be-Lite with the perfect color for your home and décor. Our template designer guides you through the correct steps for your custom fit. Please call us with any questions as we are always happy to help.
Contact our team today for custom-made replacement hot tub covers online or call us at 707-864-8919
Keep the hot water flowing and the good times rolling for many years when you conduct regular maintenance.